Featured Post

Me and My Mission

Saturday, May 19, 2018

#Euphorically Cancer of the Lungs... an Example of an #Email #Scam.



The following is copied from Facebook Messenger. I accepted a friend request and soon had a conversation going. I was suspicious from the start but was surprised when "she" didn't ask for money. I played along, giving out info that is readily available online anyway. Her lack of use of her son's name for which the charity was to be named was a hint, so was her use of the word "monk". I've also never heard of Euphorically Cancer of the Lungs. A cancer that makes apparently makes you deliriously happy? The clincher of course was the bank info listed bellow with Russian email address. I imagine the goal of this scam is to send you an email attachment that once opened infects the computer with a virus of some kind to either ransom its operation, log keystrokes, or use the computer as part of a bot net.

When I engage with a suspected scammer I try to draw the catch out pretty quick. This one kept holding it back. I am taking a medication that can have sedative side effects so I was a bit dopy when I was doing this. Despite knowing that I was trying to draw out the scam I could feel my hopes rising as the conversation continued. So I shared what I was saying and doing with friends and family, just as a safety valve in case I lost sight of my purpose. These people know what to say, and have likely done some research to target their victims.





You are now connected on Messenger.
 Her
how are you today? My name is Miss Rachel, from the United States, are you a Christian and where are you from? Pls reply I am waiting for your answer With respect Mrs. Rachael
Me

Hi, I'm Mike from Canada. And you could say that I'm Christian, I was ordained in my 20s. Not active officially now but still ordained. OH. I use this only on my desktop which I check regularly. I don't get phone notifications so I'f it takes a while to reply, I'm not ignoring you.
Her

thanks dear for your message, thanks because i really do need someone i can trust and who is also from a good background,so can i trust you? I needed someone that I can trust with a charity work. I have been Diagnosed with Euphorically Cancer of the Lungs according to Doctor, I will die any moment. I have been badly treated by close associates. I has put it in my mind to give out the rest of my Money to Charity, I don't trust all the Monks here in USA after the Gay scandal. I want you to Distribute these Funds to people that need it. I am 57yrs old and am really Blessed with fortunes. I will wait here for your Response before I go ahead and inform my Lawyer about my intentions.
Me

OK. A bit unusual. Not was I was expecting. I'd be happy to help in what ways that I am able. I've recently taken a vow of compassion to mark my attempt to reactivate myself. I'm on permanent disability so I have lots of spare time these days. Effectively retired. I don't have a large personal network because I'm autistic but I have established a fairly large network community.
Her

dear i would love to talk to you on phone but am sorry that i can not do that because of my health condition please i want you to understand me, when it comes to trust you can trust me okay and i also will also trust you. please you note that am weak now and the doctor said that i will be joining my four father's very soon, so that is why i need you to help me distribute the fund to the needs, so i want your help and also to distribute the fund to charity work,it is the God of the needy that brought you to me, Am so happy that at last am able to find a great and good person like you who is educated and willing to help the poor...my Late son's Name , i lost them with my husband and 2 Beautiful Daughters, in a Plane Crash in Sebreneska Eastern Europe in 1985 ever since then I have remain single just me and my business until I was hit with this Ailment. so now i need you to promise me that when i give you this funds that you will do that i ask of you.
Me

Completely. You would have my vow as a priest. I'm not personally interested in money. I have enough to get by. I've always said that if I was rich I would help others instead of myself. I have no need for luxuries. I don't travel. Rarely leave my house because of my own ailments. My greatest dream would be to be rich enough to adopt every animal in the world. It's just me and my wife and the cats. We never had children.
Her

i want you to build a home for the poor and also i want you to give food and cloths to them and other things like scholarships and please do not forget the prisoners ok, also you will use some of the fund for your establishment so are you going to do it? I really want to give out these Funds to people that need it most as I will be joining my fathers in Heaven, but I said that I must look for someone Trustworthy that can handle this fund and use it for Charity work, as that will please my soul, even if i am gone. and am happy i found some one like you who is educated and has a good heart towards the poor.
Me

Sounds like something I could get into. If you want to check me out further I have a Linked IN account and Twitter account under my real name. It's M_S_Fricker on Twitter. Helping the poor and needy is exactly what Christ told us to do. I believe that life is a school where we are challenged to learn to use our free will for compassion instead of selfishness. The commandment to love really being boiled down to "Be Compassionate to Everyone". Oh. I also have a blog where I babble about Christianity, philosophy politics, my writing, etc. It's called the Pundi Network. I don't hold anything back there so you can get a sense of who I am.
Her


I am happy you think this way . in case if anything should happen to me my assistant will be here to write you okay. am happy to find someone like you.I will have to instruct my lawyer to draft my WILL and Codicil stating you as my Sole Beneficiary to these Funds for the purpose of Charity work although I have decided to set aside 30% as your salary covering for your good faith. Shalom means peace as I pray that you will have the infinite Wisdom to manage these Funds for its meant purposes.if only you will make up your mind to help the needy through this.

hoping for your reply
Me

I will. Thanks. I recently made vow of compassion to start living up to my ordination again. I had a dream over 20 years ago where I stood on a plateau over looking a fantastic golden city peeking up through the clouds. A voice said that I would get there but first I had to walk a long dark road. Behind me wer black storm clouds. I turned and started down the road into the darkness. I thought it meant that now I have arrived at a sunnier place from which to write my fanatasy novels, but I dismissed the ednd of the dream becasue it was like something from Stephen Kings The Stand. I stood before a small country church with some others with Mother Abigail, the elderly woman who leads the good survivors in the book. She was looking to me and passing on instructions. That's all I recall. She dies in the book and the survivors must carry on without her. My full name is MIchael Stephen Fricker. my email is michael.fricker@shaw.caFeel free to contact me any time for any reason. I'll get back to you asap. Oh, I wasn't saying that you are an old woman, just that the character was in her 80s or something. I'm not much younger than you. 9 years or so.
Her

God has really put this on my Mind to allow you distribute these Funds to the people that needs.I discussed with my bank official and there will be drafting the fund WILL and CODICIL confirming you as my Sole Beneficiary to these Funds for the purpose of Charity. so I will be very comfortable dealing with you because i already told the bank that you will be contacting them. My dear you are to contact the bank so that there will provide you with every certificate concerning this fund and Draw a WILL on your name as the beneficiary of the fund. the fund is $6.5 Million United State Dollars. Please kindly contact First National Bank Of America with the email address below. First National Bank Of America . E-mail: firstnational.bankofamerica@bk.ru Second Email: firstbankfastservice2018@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment